11.12.2013

The 20 Year Quilt

Practically a year ago, I finally finished working on a quilt that I had started (as near as we can remember) when I was 8 years old.  It was one of those projects my granny got my sister, my cousin, and I started on one summer when we spent time at our grandparents' house, and both Kelsey and Amanda had long since finished up their quilts, so I was bringing up the rear!  I finished the sewing last winter, Granny took it to be quilted, and I picked it from her this summer, fully complete!
 
What is so special to us about these quilts is that the fabric is entirely from Granny's (gigantic) stash, so it's full of scraps from her former projects over years and years of quilting and crafts.  It's part her and part us and part each other, and I absolutely love it.
Looks lovely on a guestroom bed, if I do say so myself! 
And considering my first ever quilt took me 20 years to make, start to finish, I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking to sewing clothes in the foreseeable future...

1 comment:

  1. How special! I'm so glad you finished it! :)

    ReplyDelete