12.11.2012

Sisters Who Support John Bates

Only 26 days until the U.S. premiere of Series 3 of Downton Abbey, starting 2013 off in the best way possible.  (Although obviously I've already watched it via sketchy means, but this time I'll get to watch it on the real TV!  And then discuss it with all the other Americans who didn't watch it sketchily!)

The end of Series 2 found the upstairs and the downstairs in all sorts of varied states of shenanigans, but one of the main stories revolved around poor old can't-catch-a-break, too-noble-for-his-own-good Mr. Bates being sentenced (wrongly?  rightly?) to prison for murder.  His separation from both Anna and the beloved Downton is heartbreakingly tragic, so when I saw this shirt that Hugh Bonneville, aka Lord Grantham, sported at a panel this summer...
...I knew that I must have one of my own.  And I also knew my sister would want one just as badly.

So, I had Scott whip up a little design with his screenprinting gear...
and after screen-making, inking, squeegeeing, drying, and shipping off to Iowa, my sister and I both have our FREE BATES shirts!
Cue the comments of how much we look alike :)

5 comments:

  1. boo. you whore.

    who loves screenprinted t-shirts and downton, and mr. bates.??? me. that's who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you too do look alike!!

    Love the shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That. Is. Hilarious. Love 'em! Of course you two are both completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete