4.19.2012

Our New York: Riverside Park

If you've never lived in New York City, you probably still have some idea of what the city is like, derived from a mish-mash of different scenes from movies and TV shows. (My personal vision of the city was taken almost exclusively from You've Got Mail). But those images that normally come to mind - Central Park, rows of brownstones, the lights of Times Square - are not what our New York is like. We live in a neighborhood on the upper, upper part of the island of Manhattan, and our experience is quite different than the scenes in those movies.  In our last year living here, I want to capture the city from the perspective from our neighborhood, which has its own kind of charm.
The stretch of Riverside Park nearest to our home has a big patch of green grass, tennis courts, and the Little Red Lighthouse.  Surrounded by the George Washington Bridge, New Jersey on the opposite shore, and the skyline of Lower Manhattan off in the distance, it's a pleasant little place to spend an afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw Riverside Park, I immediately thought, "Oh, how I wish you would." Joe Fox gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, one of the most perfect lines every spoken in a movie! Love that you thought of this!

      Delete
  2. Scott's bare legs - you wrapped in a blanket. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great! I definitely want to visit NYC someday. It seems like one of those places that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime!

    ReplyDelete