7.15.2011

Yeah?! You and whose army?!?

As I made my way to the subway to head downtown last night, I was confronted with this image, which I have seen every time I've been on the subway for the past two months:
And yes, I was on my way downtown for my 12:03 AM showing of that very movie!
So I was feeling a little like this:
 
That is: sort of crazy insane wacko with excitement.

Then I got to Mary's, and she fed me some butterbeer!  And I've been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and had a butterbeer there, and let me tell you:  this tasted exactly the same.  Delish!
Once I downed my beverage, I was feeling kind of like this:
That is: yeah, bring it on, Harry Potter 7.2!  I'm so ready for you!  Let's do this!

Then we attempted to get a cab uptown to the theater.  And it just wasn't happening.  And we stood at that corner through three lights and still didn't get one.
Which left me feeling kind of like this:
That is: WE NEED A CAB IMMEDIATELY SO AS NOT TO HAVE THE WORST SEATS IN THE ENTIRE THEATER.  WHERE'S A DRAGON TO RIDE WHEN YOU NEED ONE.

But we finally made it there, settled in, and started in on our treats.  Brian's tie looks very Hogwarts-ian, and also he likes shortbread.
And we three girls were pretty excited ourselves as we downed our caffeine that would hopefully ensure no narcolepsy during this, the most important movie of 2011.
 
Although I seem all smiles, inside I really felt like this:
 
That is: a weird combination of anxious and afraid, and also we were pretty close to the front, so we spent the whole looking up at basically this exact angle.

And then, IT STARTED!
And then this happened:
  
And this:
 
And this!  And the thing that happened right after this!
And THIS:
And THIS:
And the whole time I was watching like this: 
And then we saw the last Ronface we will ever see:
 
And then it was all over, and I felt a little bit like this:
That is: MAN, too bad this is over, and what a way to go, but even though I'm pretty sad that there will be no more, wasn't that also so AWESOME when it was alive?!

And I woke up this morning feeling like this:
  
That is:  I'm going to see this movie again as soon as humanly possible, and no one can stop me, not even you, Bellatrix Lestrange!

Who else went at midnight?!  Don't leave me all alone out here...

9 comments:

  1. i think it's probably annoying you to hear from me again about it.. but for the sake of not leaving you alone, I WAS TOTALLY THERE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to SO badly! Hopefully going this weekend, although I may be subconsciously putting it off a little bit because I really don't want it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this pretty much captured my exact thoughts. i'm not even going to bother trying to summarize this. i'm just linking to you. also: i still cannot believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID!!!! It was AMAZING! <3 Harry Potter forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the exact same as you!
    I really need to see this movie again ASAP! I'm so disappointed that it's over, but I guess all good things come to an end. And they ended it wonderfully.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went at midnight! oh my goodness it was amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHHHHHHHHH! it. was. amazing.
    and i'm ready to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like we should start drinking butterbeer more often... i'm going to see it again tonight...

    ReplyDelete