4.22.2011

The Ribbon Skirt

I've been wanting to make a skirt with a ribbon waistband for a long time, and when my friend Jo offered me a whole spool of this thick black ribbon, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!

I looked through my scrap drawer to find any leftover material from other projects that I could use to make a little spring skirt.  I grabbed two florals, one for the skirt and one for the pockets, and got to work!
Ribbon waistband, two florals
The whole thing only took me about 2 episodes of Dawson's Creek (or an hour and a half, in regular time measurement) to make.  I've been doing lots and lots of sewing for a big project I've been working on (which I can't reveal to you for another month or so, but trust me, it's big!  And probably my favorite thing I've ever done!), so it was nice to whip something up for myself real fast as a little break from that.

I of course paired it with my favorite shirt of all time, which I would wear everyday if I didn't think it would eventually get really stinky.

4 comments:

  1. That's it! I demand we have a Dawson's Creek joint watch party in the immediate future!!! And love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: since you love that shirt so much (and rightly so), why aren't you making another one from that pattern?! Do it! with shorter sleeves so it suits spring!

    ReplyDelete