3.28.2011

MMM - Day 22, 23, & 24

(Friday)
The outfit:  Paisley Top + Pink Pencil Skirt

The occasion:  working, picking out new fabric for the boss' office furniture

The result:


The reflection:  I had high hopes for this top when I was making it, but ran into many speed bumps along the way:  it was too big, then too small, didn't have enough matching thread, button conundrums. I should try this one again in a different fabric and see if I can get it better the second time around!  I got two compliments on it within an hour of being at the office though, so I guess the lesson is the end result is all that matters!  Oh, and there's that pink pencil skirt again...


(Saturday)
The outfit:  Chambray Addition Shirt + Black Skinny Jeans + Red Infinity Scarf

The occasion:  okay, I actually wore this on Friday night when I went downtown for some Mary/Leigh/Brian time at the Casa de Prepster, but had I gotten dressed on Saturday (that is to say, I did not) I would have worn this again!

The result:
The reflection:  Bummer, all repeat Me-Made-March garments in this outfit!  Sorry this one is nothing new, readers.


(Sunday)
The outfit:  Huge Red Shirt + I Dream of Spring Skirt

The occasion:  my first ever viewing of the original Dawn of the Dead, reclining on the couch, various states of lounging, church

The result:
The reflection:  2/3 of this outfit involve an elastic waistband, and the other 1/3 involves a gigantic t-shirt, so I would say for the above-mentioned activities, this was pretty much the perfect ensemble.  Wish I could have worn this skirt with bare legs though!  That will be just a dream until June, it feels like...

3 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with the middle outfit but it's hard for me to say the last isn't my favorite because of the skirt that holds such a special place in my heart and my closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your oversized shirt in the last outfit. It looks super comfortable!
    And the shirt in your first outfit IS very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first shirt is so cute- it blows me away everytime I remember that you made your outfit!

    ReplyDelete