3.11.2011

MMM - Day 10

The outfit:  Chambray Addiction Shirt + Replacement Pants + Scarf (not made by me)

The occasion:  Turning 26, eating carrot cake with my co-workers

The result:

The reflection:  I am still so in love with these pants.  No credit to me, though - it's just a really awesome pattern.  (Click on the link above to find out info on this pattern from Burdastyle)  Overall, I just felt really great in this outfit - and isn't that how you should feel on your birthday?!

Also, for my birthday, Mallori gave me an award!  (Just kidding, I'm sure she had no idea it was my birthday.  But thanks, Mallori!  I like how our names rhyme!).  I've gotten this award once before, but I thought I would follow the rules of "list 7 facts about yourself" with just a little twist: by listing 7 facts about my birthday instead!

stylish_blogger.jpg
  1. I was born on my great-grandmother's birthday.  She only lived a few more years after I was born and died when I still very young, but I love this connection I have to her.  My grandma e-mailed me today and told me that this would have been Great-Grandma Ruth's 100th birthday!
  2. My birthday is technically during winter, but for at least 20 years of my life, it fell smack dab in the middle of Spring Break.
  3. In regular astrology, I'm a Pisces.  In new, weird astrology, I'm an Aquarius.
  4. I share my birthday with other awesome people like Lisa Loeb, the Madden twins, Thora Birch, and Johnny Knoxville, and also some not very awesome people like Joey Buttafuoco.
  5. Today is also Johnny Appleseed day!
  6. We are 70 days into 2011.  295 to go!  (Thank you, pocket calendar)
  7. Unfortunately, my birthday will also go down in history as the day of the earthquake in Japan and the resulting tsunamis.  Let's all remember to pray for their recovery and healing after this devastation.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful person Valerie and I hope you have an incredible birthday! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! And your outfit today IS awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit!

    8. Your birthday is only THREE days before mine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete