1.24.2011

The Replacement Pants

A few weeks ago, I retired my pair of Cropped Wool Pants, for many different reasons, the main one being they just didn't fit me right.  I had already used this same fabric to make my Ruffled Front Dress, and amazingly still had enough left over to make another entire pair of pants!  It's the fabric that keeps on giving.  Except not any more.  Because this time I used it all up.

Anyway...



I AM OBSESSED WITH THESE TROUSERS.  I love the high waist, I love the pleats, I love the huge cuffs, I love the pockets, I love the wide legs.  I love literally everything about them.


They remind me of something Katharine Hepburn or Marlene Dietrich would have worn.


Plus they're comfy and feel good.  All day long!

Zipper on the side.
Pleats in the front.

(and for any threadheads out there, the pattern is Burda Mag 07/2010 #127!)

8 comments:

  1. Those are soooo cute! They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! Those look great on you!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them!! The high waist is perfect on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love! With these AND the ruffled front dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all so much for the compliments! nothing like a high-waisted trouser to make you really feel ilke a woman, shania-twain style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very classy. love these pants. "That's how they measure pants!" "Yes, yes it is. In PRISON!" I don't know why I thought of that, but now I'm laughing outloud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm laughing out loud too. Mostly because i can hear your Joey impression in my head.

    ReplyDelete